Tyler Harris Attorney, Gunsmoke Long Branch Saloon Owners, Columbus High School Baseball Roster, Holyhead And Anglesey Mail Obituaries, Everett High School Basketball Roster, Articles M

Heres the best part , I received the dress back with a run (like in a stocking) a snag in the dress an it was loaded with perfume, an you could tell it was ironed an worn !!!! If I had an inexpensive small item, I still got charged the $7.95 or whatever even if it really only costs $4.00 to ship. I contact the seller and she blocked me. I dont have time for that and I have perfect five star rating on over 100 sales. I only sell new items for a reason so i dont have all the issues that i have read on this posting. This info has helped to confirm my decision not to sell on Poshmark.. My daughter bought a designer bag from a college friend. Posted my 5 items and all sorts of people started following and sharing me and I immediately sold one item. This is all bogus I had an excellent reputation on Poshmark almost a 5 rating never had replicas? THEN he says ok well this isnt 3/4 full, its about First of all, dont communicate with someone outside of the Posh app. alot of peoples poshmark clos. Ive had a positive experience it just seems stuff doesnt sell that much. Now i did have one case opened up by a buyer trying to get something for free and Poshmark did not honor the buyers request at all. There is fraud EVERYWHERE. If you think Poshmark is bad for the seller, its even worse for the buyers! They didnt even answer his question! If and when they do it will be a cut and paste response from their FAQ with no real answer. The only time I had someone return something was because I sold a pair of skinny jeans, but the girl said they werent what she expected because the label said straight jeans. To mark a listing as "Not for Sale": click the "Edit" icon on the listing details page > select "Mark as Not for Sale.". Thanks for the inspiration! Unfortunately there are sellers who only post stock photos and those who dont like questions. I was hit by harvey and am trying to attend college. The offer was $20. As a buyer of poshmark I found that items I bought werent quite as described every time I purchased 3 x I figured hey thats what you get for buying on line but this last one was a doosey! I was working the graveyard shift for the first year that I sold On PoshMark and made roughly over 180 sales. Thank you. Im not sure how this will endbut I am sure Im finished with Poshmark. Unfortunately, Ive heard many stories similar to yours. Youve expressed so many of my frustrations as well! Really???? Its insane, now that they have grown there needs to be rules for top rated sellers. Im no longer involved in e-commerce, but I just wanted to wish you success with the book. I will tell you that I dont get nearly as much traffic or interest on my Shopify site than I did on Poshmark. Ive got everything documented and the evidence shows very clearly the cheap rings are the same ones sold on Poshmark. The bag is 100% authentic. Again, after reading all these stories, Im sure it wont turn out well for my case based on Poshmarks inability to support the sellers that actually make the company moneybut Im sure theyd listen to a lawsuit asking for damages/compensation. I was complaining to my bf and he wanted to help out. This is exactly how I feel. I started selling on Poshmark in January 2019. Tap . Seriously, these people except garage sale prices with high end department store quality. THEY WERENT FAKE! I even posted HOW to use a low heat steamer on the top! Poshmark is kind of time consuming and I try to look elsewhere where I have more control and not having to deal so much with the buyer How can people see my items? aint nobody got time for that as sweet brown would say. I guess if you get all your items for a $1.00 its worth it. Ive been on since Nov 2016 as a buyer then started listing in May to Sell. amking45 @dhampyre hey are you bored or something???? Thank you for your post, I think Im going to try another site. Have my own closet now for about 3 weeks, so I am brand-new and havent made a sale yet. I am so sorry that happened to you as well. Everyone needs to check their monthly reports. $69 $98. Vintage Goldtone Yellow Orange Brown Brooch and Clip On Earring Set Parure. Nothing sold. When I explained to her that I was unable to leave the rating and feedback before that time due to my busy schedule, she replied with insulting remarks. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Ive had some freaky good success on Tradesy with my purses/wallets. Then there was the girl just last week who bought a lipgloss from me and then claimed it was damaged. Anyone who carefully analyzes the comments made by the CEO in this transcript, and compares that to the actual experience as a user of the platform, will be entertained. Poshmark is run by tech bros, who have no fashion sense. Anyway, I decided it was time to clear out my closets and make some money from the items I dont want anymore. Since then, Ive sold almost 40 items, which I thought was pretty good in comparison to eBay, which Ive been doing for years. Had not yet wasted my time creating my closet. I hope this works out for you! So you think Shopify would be better for me? I don't think I would've gotten banned or blocked, but maybe? When do you ever have time for family, your home, and kids? Thanks! Im curious to see if your still successful using shopify or if your thoughts are still the same. Its not! I had someone leave me 5 stars the other day on Posh but left a somewhat negative love note. Guess what? I feel like I am being exploited. There are good Sellers but the experience of the bad Sellers is something that really tarnishes Poshmarks reputation. I video tape every single item as I am packing it for shipment to document the condition. Anyone who gets mad because they arent making money is being silly.. I strive to be a seller that is honest and that people dont have to worry about buying from. even if its new with tags 99.9% bought it off the clearance rack and are trying to sell it at MSRP!!!! Yeah, ok!?!? Aside from having no personal interaction with sellers, backing up sellers, and even posting there is a time suck. She was told that she had to pay $20 via Paypal and it would be returned. The CONSTANT sharing, sharing, sharingthe neverending following, trying to trick the Posh algorithms. Im easy to find just look anywhere online for Hillarys of Houston, Im the owner. But lack of sense of responsibility for items listed is what plagues Buyers when it comes to dealing with Sellers who are rather careless, seemingly. (Theres a little PS: When I first started on PM, customer service was good. Jeanette, unfortunately there is nothing you can really do except block that buyer from every purchasing from you again. Two more things: If youre selling fakes knowingly, stop it. Which is why most all of my 4th pics are close ups of the tag!! Again, this is exactly why I left Poshmark. And on a Sunday, today on a holiday weekend????? !so I developed a four-point question format that I copied and pasted to every product I was interested in buying. Augh I feel your pain. Heres the bad experience I had that was the impetus for my Poshmark departure. Now, exactly a week after, I received an email from PM saying that after they have reviewed the case and photos submitted by the buyer, they have decided to deny the return request. And there are some really nonsensical things about the site. Poshmark Review For Sellers. So in this situation mercari shouldnt have approved the refund because he has clearly admitted that he was just unhappy with his purchase price! The seller contacted me and said her entire closet was thrifted and apologized profusely. Brilliant for them because they have users devoted to bearing their system, horrible for users because it is so draining that burnout is common. hello?) Im now balancing poshmark, other platforms & starting my own site. I had regular repeat customers that were amazing, which is the only real drawback to quitting PoshmarkI loved these folks! I have been selling on Poshmark for 8 months now i do average to sell just over a 100 items per month on Poshmark. NOT GOOD. It is maniacal. I will definitely look into them. So now trying poshmark and sure enough had my first 5 dollar offer. Its crazy!! Im listing to make more than a few bucks! Good luck ! Ever since they IPOd, they are desperate to increase their membership, and even more concerned about their sales numbers. If they decide with the buyer, typically they send them a label and they are responsible for sending the item back to you. Sad it has to come to that! . I ask a lot of questions on an item (and I am sorry sometimes we have to ask a lot of questions but end up not buying it) but then if it meets my criteria, I always buy it. Tap the toggle to compare metrics to the prior period. Posh customer service is wishy washy coming to what they accept to return or refund. Also until I learned how to use the closet and the bundle features I was getting discounted prices all over the place when I didnt want to ask for prices so I learned how to just click and buy it instead of bundling it. Me and poshmark have a love hate relationship I love the fact that I can make money without all the footwork but the thing I despise is the fact they have full control over my closet. This is so amazingly true and also why I stopped poshing a couple years ago. Everyday Im getting tons of followers, likes, and shares a day but nobody buys. Jody, I am so sorry that you went through that on Poshmark! I looked on line and its illegal for a minor to do this and them not do nothing. I also sold and item and received only a 4 star rating for no reason at all, I did everything right. They sided with her. I use to have an IG store but then you get shady people there filing a charge back 40 days later. What the fuck is wrong with people. They waste our time with reporting non-allowed items, which they dont address (please, dont waste our time! Poshmark would send you and email, and you wouldnt be able to log into your account. The description stated that there was a small, barely noticeable stain under one arm of the dress. It depends on the price of the item. I dont buy or sell much, just dabble. That should keep you in good standing with Poshmark, and give your items the attention they deserve. I quit Poshmark a couple of years ago, thank god. The posh parties put your life on hold . Like eBay and PM are platforms that people go on to shop, but how can I get my online store in front of potential customers? Oh my goodness. Yes huge time suck, and if you do not put in the time no sales. Vacation HoldWhether youre going on vacation or want to put a temporary hold on your closet, Vacation Hold lets your buyers know that your listings are temporarily unavailable for purchase. So after about 5 emails that took a month to get an actual response, I was told that I hadnt removed the listing explaining how to spot a scammer. The buyer has no profile or closet. Remember it all probably started because youd rather have the cash than just donate it, so consider it a bonus. I am trying to decide if I should block her from buying any future items from me. I started on Posh and left, due to constant issues.Ive been on Mercari since 2015 and like their platform much better. Im sure she just didnt like the item and wanted a refund. Ialways took great care to make sure every piece I sold on Poshmark was in excellent condition. Im finding some women are awesome and dont try to get you down too low and others like your things but they want it for $5. To access your closet QR Code in the app: Go to your My Poshmark Tab (@username). I use the blog, social media and Google AdWords to drive traffic to ShopStylaphile. You might learn something about Poshmark algorithms. The first was a lowball so I declined, but the 2nd I dont know if I should trust. I have considered starting this myself (before something happens and I wished I had). Otherwise theyll spiral out of business. Im on posh and dont have any complaints. Thanks again for the comment. By the way, my real name is Ann. Same goes for buying.dont buy something for a price you couldnt recover on a resell. She asked if it was faded. I went out of my way to be nice to this buyer and she says that. And the time involved isnt worth practically giving stuff away! I have contacted Poshmark but I dont have high hopes of them actually having seller protection. Definitely open to better options! I also use all of my social media accounts to drive traffic and occasionally use AdWords. \u0026 Earn cash back every time you shop online!https://www.rakuten.com/r/IVANES37?eeid=28187My Poshmark/Reselling Playlist:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urw-npYbdyI\u0026list=PLRwD2MVqnhQe0eCtNBLILMZJYBxsXHvLJvSOCIAL MEDIA instagram - @keepinit_rad amazon store - http://www.amazon.com/shop/vadisrad poshmark - http://www.poshmark.com/closet/keepinitradUse the code KEEPINITRAD to get a $10 credit on Poshmark! Sure enough they opened a case once I was on vacation and sent them back, fine no big deal. Keep me posted on how its going for you and thanks again for the comment! They think that a seller that has made a few dollars on their site is way more invested in their site than a buyer . I am now waiting for a response as to whos responsible for the return of my ORIGINAL bag as I will NOT accept a bag that isnt mine or intentional damage to my bag because the buyer changed her mind. Thanks for all the info! Let the buyer and seller negotiate the shipping. While my sales have picked up, I still get the ridiculous Lowballs like we are at the flea market, and there are times I get infuriated. I actually tried Mercari for a while but all I got were seriously lowball offers on all my stuff (like $3.00 lowballs). Every penny counts at this point. Ive been toying with the idea of starting my own website, Im just not sure Im there yet. (I think 3 and up stars only show) I honestly would have taken pictures of it to show the stains and tagged her name stating it was a bigger problem than described. But when I found myself blocking people all day long, I just stopped accepting offers period. Again, thats why I say there is not enough protection for the sellers on Poshmark. Just like Uber, the only people making the bucks are the Posh creators!! Ive even started listing clothes and sold one of those items. These scammers really make you lose faith in humanity! Somehow she came up with screenshots and a fake trackint number (probably a different order altogether!) Totally agree youre exactly right! I would try eBay and Tradesy before doing a Shopify account. Premier Designs Necklace Fashion Jewelry-Rhodium Plated Silver-Signed. It shouldnt be like this and it is infuriating. I dont feel I have the confdence to start anything emse though. Im sure not all Poshers are respectful, and I do not defend the sorts of people youre talking about, but from what I have seen in the Posh community, there is a fine line between due diligence and what certain Poshers consider trolling. Out of nearly 2000 sales, 99.99% were 5 stars, they deposit $ very quickly & great social environment. Ive been considering finding a new platform for sales. I'm new to Poshmark, so I've been sharing and commenting a lot while following proper "etiquette". Everything you experienced is what Im going through now. My main reasons for abandoning this platform are: 1). I have had no issues with anything I have purchased or sold so far, and I put a lot of effort into my packaging and fast shipping. I feel the creepiest aspects of the platform is the psychological manipulation of requiring resellers to share (presenting it as a positive community activity sellers supporting other sellers) so that the mysterious algorithm will reward them with sells; sharing equals free labor driving the activity of the platform, which the same resellers pay more to use than other selling platforms. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Thanks for making me feel better about my over reaction! Expensive items seem risky for the buyer and the seller. It made me see a VERY ugly side to the community- bc her harassing me seemed to be out of jealousy and anger. And the trades gone bad, the hackers who stole money from Poshmark users. It definitely didnt. That why they dont have a call center like eBay does! However they no longer respond to my emails. But our customer proposition and our positioning hasnt changed over the years.. How they monitor thousands of closets is beyond me. Now ladies if you ever worked retail in a clothing store , you always have that repeat custom that comes in the store buys an outfit an wears it out an comes back to the store to return an outfit she wore !!! Yup, you heard it here. I was just curious, what was the best way to post an move all your items listed to your new online store? Lucky for me, I requested it back, and I suppose Jessica wasnt as big of a douche as Taylor and didnt have the heart to send me an empty box back so I got the money after two weeks. Nothing I have sent not even a coach bag and heels were over 5 lbs yet the buyer has the $6.79 added to their fee so it creates a frenzy on lowballing you to death. Im a slave to Posh, a cog in the machine. She claimed I must have mailed her item (a jewelry piece) to somebody else when that other person had purchases something totally unrelated and I KNOW hers was the only bracelet I had yet to sell. Because it sold for above $500 it had to be sent first to Poshmark offices for authentication. I have about 200 items on poshmark and get one or two sales here and there. Someone told me how well they were doing and said I should give it a try. It looked nothing like the photos in terms of fabric or even color. I just had as case open for me exaggerating the so-called flaws I didnt describe. But the MAIN reason I will not do posh is because of the very restrictive photo requirements. On the up side all have had a ton of nice people and buyers.. Im on the fence. Thank you . For instance, I pumped out 5386 shares in a single party once. So, putting it up to silver, it definitely wasnt silver and putting it next to something real gold, it wasnt quite that either. Also i agree with everyones frustration. Besides that this site is for those who have quit Posh, not those singing its praises! The seller just sent me a refund for whatever amount was in question. designer vs non-designer, hip/cool stuff vs regular stuff, vintage vs contemporary). It would be nice to have a scroll bar on the side in our closets. You were the kick in the pants I needed, and the shared perspective made me realize things arent going to get better on Posh. The could give a flying fig about any seller issues. Enter the verification code. Really lady how fat and wide are you that you cant fit into a one size fits all stole? Can you give me your thoughts on tradsey? Now I have a lot more control over what Im selling and I dont have to pay Poshmark fees or a 20% commission to anyone. I ship the same day and love that all I have to do is print out a label and take it to my mailbox. It seems Poshmark has allowed greed to corrupt their business ethics. Thanks for the venting outlet! Its obvious Poshmarks main intent is to earn money primarily for themselves, and thats mine with my closet. My stuff is beautiful and in perfect condition, many of the things are boutique items, but I never cared for high-end designers stuff and that seems to be all consignment shops cater to and you cant trust THEM either. I did not put a lot of things in my closet because I wanted to see how it worked. Just started listing more than one item there in February and its been very consistent. Unfortunately, i live in a very small town and the local authorities probably wouldnt be of much assistance. I think some Poshers such as the one that made that remark to me considers doing that is the same as a sale off Poshmark which absolutely isnt. It's like having multiple appsall in one! Which is NOT the amount that was there when I shipped it. Im staying with PM for now but after reading all these comments, it sure is sad to know there are folks out there that will take advantage of others and ruin items they send back-just, wow. Well, that is all well and good for you, but there are people who *do* want to make real money. People who are used to buying fast fashion junk (and Zara is definitely fast fashion, cheaply made junk) need to stop making lowball offers on quality designer items. I hate that people are being scammed and the sellers appears to have made a few thousand dollars. I just shipped out a new, unworn item to the buyer who obviously decided they didnt like it and claimed it was worn and with pilling! I checked my closet, and out of the 9 listings I had, only 3 remain. As another person committed here, we women need to recognize the VALUE of our time! Im so happy if anyone is helped from reading this post or the comments. I sold authentic items, described them well, photographed them well, especially noted any items with damage/wear. Poshmark literally tells them what to do to return an item. I am sincerely hoping that with the recently increased success of the customer service team, that we will be successful in getting our Poshmark back to the way it was meant to be with perhaps some more appropriate commission fees. I came here to warn people to stay away, far far far away from Mercari!!!!! I had one of the BEST years ago but the owner is gone now and times are very different. I came back from vacation to all of that and just shipped her top and deleted the app. Youll be invited to participate in the parties by the PM Editor the day before. She did not ask the percentage before buying. They will delete the listing if it's those two cercomstances. Apparently it doesnt have a YKK zipper and she says thats what makes it fake (keep in mind at first she gave me a couple other reasons before the zipper) and doesnt understand that they use different brands and finding that info is very easy! They gave the buyer back the money. I do detailed measurements and fabric content for every last item I post. They are a vault of knowledge you are missing out on if youre not already reading them. Scroll down and select My Seller Tools which will then bring you to My Inventory Report. People want authentic but want to pay $5.00? Poshers reading the full description & observing photos of jewelry and immediately filing a claim stating that the item was not as described ? And I havent had that happen to me before but that def is pathetic upon their part. So then I would have to lower my prices to make up for the exorbitant shipping. Fantastic article! I like people to be sure an she said it will fit just mail it to me ! I would love to check alternative ways to sell my stuff. They tacked on $35000 on top of my real earnings. Sales. I love posh and you just have to protect yourself by videoing your transactions! I bought a pair of shoes. You betcha ! How to avoid share jail and still make lots of sales on Poshmark. I reported a big replica closet every day for 6 months as well as sending in emails with attached screenshots of angry, ripped off customers leaving comments re: fakes they were sold. After this experience, I dont think I can trust anyone on Posh. People are so rude. Item was never SOLD but was rather abruptly Canceled by Seller 3 days after accepting my initial offer. Poshmark has a cultic following like Amway did. Hey there friends I dont exactly want to say that Im glad I came across this blog/platforn, but it has without a doubt helped me to verify my personal issues with these so called trolls, and shed some more light on the recent 2021 downfall of many of Poshmarks users morale. Trends are constantly changing and personalized to each user. Thats obviously not happening, so I only made clear the simple fact that this item was not sold, although it is listed as sold. Im tired of low balls and comments on my listings about where to get it cheaper. Im going nuts. I saw that the same guy responded to the young boy pic and the woman whos heading was lady in dress cook clean and gives happy endings. She has a small child sitting next to her. I learned to pick my fight and offer no re stocking fee to avoid crazy buyers. I realize Poshmark customer service is very rude and do nothing to help! You can determine a set amount you want to spend each day with AdWords, so the budget is up to you. I think given the fact that Posh expects you to sell items at least at 50% off retail, then they want you to offer a discount on top of that and then Posh takes 20% off the top and NOW they have made it so you can make offers on bundles you might as well give your stuff away!! I just quit Poshmark for the SAME reason. I was a top seller, with over 333,000 followers. 4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo, Olaplex No. Seeing the number of comments here going on about what a shitstorm Poshmark is here just tells me to stay the hell away from it. ad that I had dumped out a small portion of the pigment when I bought it and hadnt touched the rest since. Thanks for the insight! My first item ever listed. Even ebay did a better job. Ive recently started selling on Poshmark and I do admit that its super slow getting sales on this site. I was beginning to think I was going crazy. as far as the lowballers I blocked them too and I found when people low-balled me on an item that was brand new I would simply raise the price even higher just to piss them off! For everything else, I use resale stores like Beacons Closet, Buffalo Exchange, Crossroads. There is a monthly fee to set up your site on Shopify of around $30. So expect questions. To get out of share jail, you need to stop sharing for 24 hours. I even asked the girl if she wanted, she could just cancel the order and keep it when she gets it just so I dont get a bad review ( I have 5 stars so far and worked hard for it) It just isnt fun for a good seller.