Chicago Fire Department Rank Insignia, Unifi Uplink Connectivity Monitor Setting, Iowa City Police Scanner Frequencies, Comedy Central Roast 2022, Articles N

Age, Parents, Net Worth Styx and Reo Speedwagon: Arch Allies - Live at Riverport. REO SPEEDWAGON's Founding Member NEAL DOUGHTY Retires From Touring January 4, 2023 After 55 years with REO SPEEDWAGON and having spent his entire adult life on the road, keyboardist and. So, I want to go back a little bit, before REO Speedwagon even came around. Neal Doughty is a Leo and his 77th birthday is in, The 76-year-old American was born in the Baby Boomers Generation and the Year of the Dog. He says, "Putting out an autobiography is risky. We were hoping that people would come back, and so far, most of our shows are selling out, so it looks like they're ready and definitely so are we, believe me. His father, who worked in the field of systems management in the early days of computers and later acquired a computer science degree at what was then called Evansville College took the family to western Illinois after landing a better career opportunity. Neal Doughtys income source is mostly from being a successful Actor. Eyewitness News Gretchen Ross had a chance to catch up with keyboardist Neal Doughty. Tata Neal. We're all very healthy and actually made the decision to stay that way somewhere back in the late 1980s. 8 p.m. $53.25 & up.Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 N McMullen Booth Rd., Clearwaterrutheckerdhall.com. Were now in the fourth month of the tour and were still not tired of it yet. Yeah, we have toured with Cheap Trick for longer than most people have been alive, and they're just the greatest guys. Chinese Zodiac: Neal Doughty was born in the Year of the Rabbit. "That was our 11th full album. But, we've added a couple that we don't always play. We interviewed our tech expert, Jaime Vazquez, to learn more about accessible smart home devices. And keyboard with my right hand, because we were playing a lot of soul music. Majority of Neals money comes from being a pianist. By Kathy Stockbridge On Aug 12, 2015. So we've always been more ofI don't know, like a peoples band. Neal Doughty Wikipedia Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Family. There was a whole hotbed of music going on there.. But unless youre a total stickler, nobody seems to care about whos onstage, but rather about what theyre playing. Since REO Speedwagon was formed in 1968, one band member has remained in the line up the whole time..Neal Doughty. So that will fill you with the energy, like nothing else.. (WEHT) With five decades of hits, REO Speedwagon is making a return visit to the Tri-state this weekend including Evansville native and co-founder of the band Neal Doughty. Um, no. Thatll keep you going none of us are thinking about stopping it.. She works at this little high-end boutique where, as long as you were wearing a mask, you could come in there. We were doing the Doors and Youngbloods. Said Doughty. Doughty is often asked how he's managed to remain a cornerstone of such an enduring musical institution, one that has survived its share of personnel changes over the years. And it's almost a different kind of musician that plays keyboardskind of a mixture of music and science goes into it and, and a lot of keyboard players I know are just like that. Scroll to read more Show Previews articles. You won't meet many rock musicians who can match REO Speedwagon's Neal Doughty when it comes to consistency. Well, it must be good to be back with the band. But there haven't been new songs for quite awhile. Neal Doughty Height, Weight & Measurements At 75 years old, Neal Doughty height not available right now. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. He is an actor and producer, known for A Father's Fury, Ozark (2017) and FM (1978). We even had at one point like, three guys playing trumpet. Yeah, thats kind of my claim to fame, so were still playing that song.. "I want everyone to know that it was all that traveling that finally got to me," the 76-year-old Neal explains in a statement. Neal Doughty Net Worth Stats Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox. They had to figure out how to count streaming into those sales. But this is what Neal needs, and we support him.". Needless to say, they missed the heck out of each other during the pandemic. Nowadays of course, you can make a record that's three hours long, as long as there's somebody that wants to listen to it. They're not afraid of the hardships in life, but they also tend to worry too much sometimes. This weeks announcement notes Doughty may join the band on select stops. And we're just gonna be so glad to be back at it. Bi Who is YouTuber Kimberly Loaiza? "We actually did think it was over," says Doughty, who auditioned for several other bands in anticipation of REO's demise. Bettye was one of a kind. Josh Bradley Theyre good buddies of ours too, Doughty said of Cheap Trick, which started in Rockford in 1973. An announcement notes that the time was right to enjoy the fruits of his year of hard work after spending his entire adult life on the road since founding the rock band in Champaign, Illinois, in 1966. That landmark album spent 15 weeks in the No. Any longer and the vinyl just didn't do a very good job. REO Speedwagon seemed destined for history's dustbin. Believe that God is in control; trusting him will bring you peace, Less mess: Self-service dog wash offers alternative site for pup bathing, Pressure from peers can have positive influence on teens, Students, officials weigh pros and cons of school start times. Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Neal_Doughty&oldid=1135295662, This page was last edited on 23 January 2023, at 20:16. From 1977 to 1989, REO SPEEDWAGON released nine consecutive albums all certified platinum or higher. Its funny sometimes the very first band, you know, people are still kind of filing in to the show, but Loverboy is so popular that everybody gets there on time, Doughty said. American keyboardist who was one of the founding members of the popular American rock band REO Speedwagon. The time off probably did us good, I will say, because I don't remember the last time rehearsals have been this much fun. , Local reps co-sponsor anti gay marriage bill, Learn boating safety with the Corps of Engineers, Police say no threat to community after man dies, Mid 50s to open March, with winter system on the, Major work planned for Kennedy Expressway, No injuries in fire, $10K in damages estimated, Get tax prep help with WIU-QC and United Way, 2023 Big Ten womens basketball tournament bracket, Clark, Hawkeyes pull away from Purdue late, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. It was obviously just a tiny little sapling then. Estano has received several awards for his work . "Hair metal" bands like Bon Jovi, Poison and Motley Crue were all the rage. The record was No. There's nobody anywhere above the public that has to clear that. And now the world is back. The keyboardist's perseverance has paid off. So, you're going to be at Ruth Eckerd Hall next month, and that's a pretty intimate venue for a rock band like REO Speedwagon. That was really a good day. It's like things were always going in the right direction. Well that's great that you guys have been so tight after so many years, even though you've had very slight lineup changes since then. Actually, my wife married me because I know Cheap Trick. Neal Doughty Is A Member Of . He and original drummer Alan Gratzer formed REO Speedwagon in 1967. DETAILS BELOW Neal Doughty (born July 29, 1946) is famous for being pianist. Last question for you. Clipping found in Evening World-Herald in Omaha, Nebraska on Sep 13, 1939. And when we came out, our van had been robbed. He is a great guy. Oh yeah, oh yeah! As part of their tour around the country, the band is stopping by Evansville Friday February 18. You know, I'm still a science nerdwhich Ive always been. Neal Doughty was born on the 29th of July, 1946. Never played keyboard excepts for my parents beat up piano. Doughty said. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. Neal will always be a member of the REO brotherhood, says bassist Bruce Hall, and we all wish him well as he enters this exciting phase of his life., Singer Kevin Cronin added, It will be a big change to look around and not see Neal behind the keyboards and we will miss his quick wit and interesting conversation on those long bus rides. The greatest overall compatibility with Leo is Aquarius, Gemini. Now, this thing, it covers the entire neighborhood, so I'm going, 'Oh, so that's how old I am!'". REO Speedwagon no longer headlines stadiums, but they're not playing small-town dives, either. Bookmark this page and come back often for updates. Grow your brand authentically by sharing brand content with the internets creators. Were approaching 15,000 people just about every night and you look out at that and you go, wow, bless their hearts, he said. Some 45 years later, he's still playing with that band, remarkably untouched by the seemingly endless personality conflicts and creative battles that routinely accompany life in a rock 'n' roll outfit. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Lead singer Kevin Cronin, bassist Bruce Hall, and keyboard maestro Neal Doughtya founding member of REO Speedwagonstill get along swimmingly. Gaining popularity in the 70s and 80s, the band has sold over 40 million records with hits such as Keep On Loving You and Cant Fight This Feeling.. According to our Database, He has no children. He is known for being a Pianist. First of all, I love 80s ballads, by every band that does themwhich is most bands, and we're a mix of that and our live performance, which is more rock and roll, and our fans know that. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. *laughs* No, I've seen him, he really does exist. With all three classic bands, the concerts end up being a long string of greatest hits including Turn Me Loose, Working for the Weekend, Lady, Come Sail Away, Renegade and Mr. It was through Alan Gratzer, his dormmate, that he started taking up music. Doughty, who today makes his home in Austin, Minn., says he's no stranger to his old hometown. The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. Fact Check: We strive for accuracy and fairness. Josh Bradley is Creative Loafing Tampa's resident live music freak. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. REO the automotive manufacturer founded in 1905 was named for its founder, Ransom E. Olds. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Engineering slowly took a back seat. Well, this lineup has been together 30 years, so technically, a couple of the guys didn't play on all the records back in the day, but it is the longest continuous lineup of the band and after all that time, we get pretty tight, both musically and personally. I haven't been out of my house in a yearI'm surprised my wife didnt kill me. Hes done it before. That same year in Chicago, DePaul University students Walt Parazaider (saxophone), James Pankow (trombone) and Lee Loughnane (trumpet) co-founded what would become Chicago which played the Moline arena this past April. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. That took us a while to recover, but I just took that as Im not playing that thing very much in the set anymoreto heck with it. And it was all beat up by then anyway, so that was a sign that I was supposed to forget the trumpet and put all my energy into keyboards. It's not many people that can say that! Famous Neal Doughty was born on July 29, 1946 in United States. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends). He notes the piano track to "Can't Fight This Feeling" was his most difficult studio performance, but is now his favorite part of live concerts. Graveside services for Maude Neal Doughty, 99, formerly of 1326 Jersey and earlier of 103 S. Talley, were at 2 p.m. today in West Lawn Cemetery, Hagerstown. Like, going back with vinyl, you couldn't put much more than that on vinyl, or as it got towards the center, the quality would go way down. It's gotten to the point where a good chunk of classic rock groups that still tour and. Neal Doughty We found 11 records for Neal Doughty in NC, MN and 7 other states. Once it's out there's nowhere to hide! He currently resides in Evansville, Indiana, USA. Thats fine with me, and our audience knows what we do. And of course, we end up sleeping all night on the bus, but then get to a hotel, and that's when I really get some good sleep. But whenever the band is in Evansville, they go with me, and they take me around to see all my relatives and look at the old neighborhood, which looks very different when you're growing up.". Do you have any plans to acknowledge that? We could always come back to college if this band doesn't work out.' If I was getting a little bit tired of the travel, this last year took care of that! People of this zodiac sign like to be admired, expensive things, bright colors, and dislike being ignored, facing difficulties, not being treated specially. We kind of live all over the country, and the only way we've seen each other this last year was on Zoom, just so we remembered what each other looked like. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Greenville FD free person trapped after tree falls, Many trees uprooted across Smith Mills community, Deputies investigate suspicious death near Providence, Tri-State storms leave substantial damage in its, Animal shelter dispels dog fighting rumors in Perry, 7 Cubs pitchers combine for no-hitter vs Machado,, Reitz comes away with win vs. Central in chaotic, Gibson Southern knocks out Boonville in sectional, Mikal Bridges helps Nets rally to stun Celtics, 115-105, NASCAR star Elliott has leg surgery after snowboard, Register your business, school for our weather closing alerts, Developmental DisabilitiesAwareness Month, Charlottes Furniture is Your Stop for La-Z-Boy, 50th Anniversary of National Nutrition Month, Melanie Alberts Red Wine Braised Short Ribs, Hoosier Lottery Walk on the Wild Side 2023, KWC Womens Basketball Ticket Sweepstakes, Best smart home devices for older users, according, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? Everybody was listening to their parents music and Ill see a 9-year-old kid in the front row, singing the words to every song, Doughty said. Neal Allan Doughty (born July 29, 1946) is an American keyboardist, best known as a founding member of the rock band REO Speedwagon and the only member to have played on every album. He started freelancing with the paper in 2020 at the age of 18, and has since covered, announced, and previewed numerous live shows in Tampa Bay. I think the audience is going to see that we're just having a great time. We've never been on the cover of a major magazine, but all those people bought that record, and that means a lot. REO Speedwagon continued to generate hit singles after "Hi Infidelity" a 1985 chart-topping ballad, "Can't Fight This Feeling," went on to become the band's biggest hit ever but by late 1988, the band was in serious decline. We came back at it with renewed energy. You know, we started out as a bar band, so the intimate places are still what's deep in our blood. Weve played places smaller than Ruth Eckerd, although its a beautiful, beautiful venue. "That's the best thing about it. Doughty was born on July 29, 1946, in Evansville, Ind. Neal Doughty was born on 29 July, 1946 in Evansville, Indiana, USA, is an Actor, Producer. After the first time REO and Styx toured together, they released a live album (in September 2000) called Arch Allies, recorded in suburban St. Louis. I mean, now people are used to an la carte version of what they're listening to. Explore Neal Doughty net worth, birthday, height, age, bio, salary, 2023! Dogs excel in business but have trouble finding mates. From 1977 to 1989, REO Speedwagon released nine consecutive albums all certified Platinum or higher, and all told has sold over 40 million albums around the globe. We have so much energy right now, I mean, basicallymy job has been watching television for the last year. This week's featured band, REO Speedwagon, has proven to be one of the crowds . And it's a beautiful award that they give youa diamond looking thing. Formed in 1967, signed in 1971, and fronted by Cronin since 1972, REO SPEEDWAGON's unrelenting drive, as well as non-stop touring and recording jump-started the burgeoning rock movement in the Midwest. It went on to become the biggest-selling LP of 1981 and ultimately sold nearly 10 million copies in the U.S. alone. When the whole live thing opened up again, its like people were seeing concerts for the first time in their life and the crowds were just they still are the crowds are just amazing.. I mean, I was reading Einstein when I was in high school, and I still do read books with all that crazy stuff. American keyboardist who was one of the founding members of the popular American rock band REO Speedwagon. 2023 Getty Images. And Hi Infidelity was only 38 minutes long. The 76-year-old American pianist has done well thus far. First Name Neal. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. I was mainly in the marching band, where we played good old John Philip Sousa at football games. Though Loverboy is the opening act, all the fans are usually pumped up in place for them, Doughty said. UPDATED07/16/21 2:40 p.m. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. It was such a different level, such a gigantic change in our status to the world.". Neal Doughty was born on 29 July, 1946 in Evansville, Indiana, USA, is an Actor, Producer. In 1966, the Evansville native cofounded a band while a student at the University of Illinois. The bands unrelenting drive and nonstop touring fronted by lead singer Kevin Cronin (who first joined in 1972, left and rejoined in 1976) led to platinum albums and radio staples. So, we think in terms of one song at a time. "He showed me a tree that he planted when I was born. For many years the meteorologist has been contentedly married to his wife Marcie Fraser. We just didn't know it." "A few years back my dad drove by the very first little house that he and my mom lived in when they got married," remembers Doughty, who turns 65 years old this month. Neal Doughty, Producer: A Father's Fury. "It will be a big change to look around and not see Neal behind the keyboards," says singer Kevin Cronin. Yeah! #Neal #Doughty #Wikipedia Biography #Age #Height #Wife #Net #Worth #Family, 20162022 Characters Wiki Copyright all rights reserved, Willi Laschet Wikipedia Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Family, Desmon Heck Wikipedia Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Family, Neal Doughty Height, Weight & Measurements. "I've never wanted to be the frontman. Where is she now? And when we got here Monday for rehearsals, it was like, you knowit was like yesterday that we were all together, so it all came right back, and so did most of the songs. It also marked the arrival of REO's decade-long "overnight success" story. Theyre so great and have so many songs and all three bands know each other and like each other, he said, noting theyve toured with Styx for 20 years now. BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. My parents now live in the St. Louis area. Speedwagon keyboardist Neal Doughty and his wife Darya Gemmel arrive. Surviving are two grandchildren, Mrs. George (Linda) Wehrle, Muncie, and Robert Neal Doughty, New York City; and four great-grandchildren. *laughs* Thanks! The Cant Stop Rockin tour featured Fleetwood Mac, REO, and Pat Benatar and blazed the trail for the very popular co-headline tours that are seen nationwide today, according to a band release. Bobo Stenson. Neal Doughty is a Leo and was born in The Year of the Dog *chuckles* well, I mean, its funny, the last time I bought a house, you have to write your financial information, it says. Discover Neal Doughtys Wikipedia Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. A very good day to remember. And *chuckles* fortunately I'm still married. You know, there's some public funding that goes into the process, but it has more to do with the amount of press that you've generated. I mean, without the big hit Keep On Lovin You, we probably wouldnt still be working today. So, how much is Neal Doughty worth at the age of 75 years old? 68 on Pollstars Year End Top North American Tours chart with a gross of $21.1 million. Named for a truck built in the early 1900s, REO Speedwagon was off and running, incorporating the sounds of the synthesizer in their songs. Oh yeah, yeah, it's gonna be great. Neal Doughty was a 21-year-old student at University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, when he formed the band REO Speedwagon in 1967 with fellow student Alan Gratzer, a drummer. But some guys dont program their own sounds. Neal Allan Doughty (born July 29, 1946) is an American keyboardist, best known as a founding member of the rock band REO Speedwagon and the only member to have played on every album. And believe it or not, back in the earliest days of REO Speedwagon, I was playing keyboards and trumpet at the same time, which sounds harder than it is. We have estimated Neal Doughtys net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. Neal Doughtys age is 76. As a child, his family lived near Downtown on. Wife, Net Worth, Family, Age, He Where is Sheree J. Wilson now? 1 slot and has since earned the RIAA's coveted diamond award for surpassing sales of 10 million units in the United States. Please check back soon for updates. We interviewed our tech expert, Jaime Vazquez, to learn more about accessible smart home devices. LAS VEGAS - JULY 24: REO Speedwagon keyboardist Neal Doughty (L) and his wife Darya Gemmel arrive at an after-concert party at the Rok Vegas nightclub at the New York-New York Hotel & Casino early July 24, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Its like there are two kinds of bands the ones that got smarter and are now really healthy and then theres the ones that tried to keep going on the party mode and a lot of them arent even around anymore, he said. Doughty retired from touring with REO in January 2023, though remains an official member. So, like I said, it's been so long, and I wonder, how could I have been on airplanes and buses for 50 years? Neal Doughty was born in the Year of the Dog. You know, Roll With The Changes, Ridin The Storm Out, and all those deeper cuts that over the years have become live favorites. Neal Doughty net worth is $1.1 Million Neal Doughty Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Neal Allan Doughty (born July 29, 1946, Evansville, Indiana) is an American keyboardist and the sole remaining founding member of REO Speedwagon currently in the band. "In Your Letter" is based on a real letter keyboard player Neal Doughty's wife left him, explaining that she was leaving him - he discovered it after returning home from a tour. Organize, control, distribute and measure all of your digital content. Alan Gratzer, who'd started things with Doughty in Champaign way back in 1966, retired. You can watch the full interview in the video player below. So it'll always be a mix of both. "Not only the sales of the record, but just the way we were treated in general was not even real," he says. "That record came at the right time," recalls Doughty, noting that the band at that point still hadn't had a hit radio single. By the early 1990s, the grunge scene had exploded, catapulting acts like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden into the public consciousness. He formed the band in the fall of 1966, with original drummer Alan Gratzer (who left REO in 1988). Going back, before REO Speedwagon came around, you were a student in engineering at the University of Illinois. The crowds this year have been hungry for live music again in arenas. Leo Pianist #16. Neal Doughty Popularity . Our good buddy, Robin Zander lives down in that area! He is best known for being a Pianist. Eternal blue-eyed cheerleader, charisma like few. Its not even a hard solo, and maybe thats why its popular, Doughty said. Pianists. Our small but mighty team works tirelessly to share music news, events and concert announcements as the Tampa Bay music scene recovers from coronavirus shutdowns. They called it Speed Wagon because it could go fast while carrying a heavy load, he added. They have imagination and don't like planning things in advance. REO SPEEDWAGON has sold more than 40 million albums around the globe, and Cronin and bandmates Bruce Hall (bass),Neal Doughty (keyboards),Dave Amato (guitar),and Bryan Hitt (drums) are still electrifying audiences worldwide in concert with hits and fan-favorites such as "Ridin' The Storm Out", "Can't Fight This Feeling", "Time For Me To Fly", "Roll With The Changes", "Keep On Loving You", "Take It On the Run" and many, many more. Age, Net Worth, B Where is Guillermo Daz now? The early 1940s were dominated by World War II. ", A post shared by REO Speedwagon (@reospeedwagonofficial). Neal Allan Doughty is an American keyboardist, best known as a founding member of the rock band REO Speedwagon and the only member to have played on every album. We were a cover band. We got some good DVD-video of the entire concerts. Were all very healthy now. I mean, that was a long time off! I had never been in a rock band of any kind. It's also nice to know there's income there if you need it for your whole life.